Microsoft’s Azure Expert Managed Services Provider (MSP) program was created in 2018 as the highest tier of Gold Cloud Platform competency to distinguish the most trustworthy Cloud Solution Providers (CSPs). Azure Expert MSP status is achieved by demonstrating a depth of knowledge and expertise across the organization, as well as industry-leading service capabilities and customer satisfaction.
The process is long and rigorous, requiring multiple assessments, employee certifications, customer references, and an intensive audit – adding up to several hundred hours of work across the team. Microsoft’s eight prerequisites to applying for the Azure Expert MSP program are:
1. Active membership of the Gold Cloud Platform partner tier
2. Azure consumption revenue of at least $100,000 (USD) per month
3. Active CSP contract
4. MSP offer listed in AppSource or Azure Marketplace
5. Promotion of Azure MSP offerings on the CSP’s website
6. At least 15 full-time employees must complete one of three specific Microsoft Certified Professional exams
7. Four customer references for Azure MSP services and a public case study
8. Advanced or Premier Support for Partners covering Azure
Upon meeting the prerequisites, a CSP gains access to the application process. After Microsoft reviews and approves the application, the next step is a thorough multi-day audit conducted by an independent auditing firm on behalf of Microsoft. The third-party auditor assesses the CSP and the extensive evidence provided by the team to determine if it meets Microsoft’s stringent list of Azure Expert MSP standards. The journey doesn’t end after passing the audit; Azure Expert MSPs are reevaluated every year to ensure continuous improvement and proficiency in the latest technology standards.
Of the tens of thousands of Microsoft partners, there are only 50 Azure Expert MSP partners across the world – one of which is Atmosera. Atmosera’s Azure Expert MSP status validates our in-depth knowledge, capability, and experience in architecting, deploying, and managing the optimal Azure services for our customers.