Improve the Performance of Your Databases
Ensuring a database system has been properly designed, implemented, and tuned requires expertise and ongoing management. Atmosera provides managed Database (DB) services designed to help you get the most out of their systems. Our DB experts are available 24x7x365 to perform any task from basic day-to-day maintenance to complex architecture design. Atmosera managed DB services are broken down into three categories:
- Managed Database Administration (DBA)
- Managed Database Architecture and Engineering (DBAE)
- Database Education
Our initial focus is to deliver DBA and DBAE services for Microsoft SQL Server and are expanding rapidly to support other relational, object, and NoSQL databases as well as object caches.
Get Reliable Administration
Drive Rapid Innovation
Educate Support Teams
We maintain and proactively troubleshoot your databases 24x7x365
Together we partner to deploy the latest database and storage technology.
We actively help your team better leverage your database tools.
Managed Database Administration (DBA) Services
Your company will benefit from professionals available 24x7x365 who can proactively maintain and troubleshoot your databases. We follow rigorous processes to safeguard the security of your databases and document all actions performed. This allows you to free up your existing resources to focus on more business impacting initiatives instead of critical, but mundane, day-to-day database administration tasks. Managed DBA Services are comprehensive and include the following capabilities:
- Maintain best practices for data integrity and security along with guidelines for use
- Manage user accounts and privileges including access controls based on security needs
- Import and export data (excluding any transformations)
- Manage on-going health and performance monitoring
- Deploy, install, upgrade, and patch database software
- Maintain database instances using SolarWinds Orion AppInsight for Microsoft SQL Server
- Incident tracking
- Alerts, recommendations, and remediation workflows
- Implement tuning queries and procedures
- Design and implement data resiliency policies
- Checkpoint files, log files, log shipping, and availability groups
- Failover management
- Data restoration and backup
- Provide in-depth incident management with root cause analysis
Provides a set number of hours per month during regular business hours (8am to 5pm Monday to Friday Pacific Time)
Provides a set number of hours for on-call incident response outside regular business hours
Provides a set number of hours per month 24x7x365
Managed Database Architecture and Engineering (DBAE) Services
Your company can also rely on our team to help drive rapid innovation and deployment of the latest database and storage technologies. We deliver the peace of mind which comes from highly trained professionals and thoroughly vetted technology before it ever gets deployed into production environments. We can assist you in making a successful migration to the technology which best aligns with your business needs. Managed DBAE Services include all capabilities offered under the managed DBA services with the addition of the following:
- General consultation covering database architecture and platform choices
- Discover and assess existing systems architecture and database schema
- Design or redesign data storage and access models as needed
- Includes all objects: tables, views, procedures, indexes, etc.
- Identify performance bottlenecks
- Engineer and implement solutions to maximize performance and protect database health
- Engineer and implement solutions around best practices and security
Database Education Services
Database Education Services have as a primary goal to assist and teach the application and software development teams how to leverage the tools included with their databases. This enables your team to help with their application and code tuning capabilities. This portion of the service is critical to agile development teams by allowing them to self-service on performance reporting when making code and tuning changes. This service includes ongoing education and demonstration for the following:
- Reporting tools - SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- SSRS is a server-based report generation software system from Microsoft.
It provides a unique interface into Microsoft Visual Studio so that developers as well as SQL administrators can connect to SQL databases and use SSRS tools to format SQL reports in many complex ways. SSRS also provides
a 'Report Builder' tool for less technical IT workers to format SQL reports
of lesser complexity.
- Integration tools - SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- SSIS is a platform for data integration and workflow applications. It features a fast and flexible data warehousing tool used
for data extraction, transformation, and loading (ETL). The tool may also be used to automate maintenance of SQL Server databases and updates to multidimensional cube data.
- Tuning Advisor for query and stored procedures
- SolarWinds Orion AppInsight for Microsoft SQL Server
Service Capabilities, Deployment and Availability
Managed Database Services are typically grouped across the following core capabilities:
- Discovery and Assessment
- Setup and Deployment
- Maintenance and Troubleshooting
- Performance Tuning
Services can be delivered across the following four deployment methods:
- Atmosera private or multi-tenant clouds (including customer deployments on premise)
- Atmosera colocation facilities
- Customer location through remote management
- Customer location through on site management
Services come in three availability tiers to meet different needs:
Managed Database Services are tailored to individual customer needs taking into consideration the required capabilities, deployments, availability, and complexity of the database systems. We price services based on a flat monthly rate which delivers a set number of hours per month plus a charge per server per month. Additional charges apply if on site visits are required.
We deliver solutions that accelerate the value of Azure.
Ready to experience the full power of Microsoft Azure? Start Today